Lavender & Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette

July 29, 2012
Lavender and honey give a flavorful twist on traditional balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing.


Well, I'm continuing my experiments in cooking with lavender, and my second experiment did not disappoint.  Just as in the lavender lemonade, I really enjoyed the fragrant, floral notes of the lavender in this Lavender & Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette.  I guess I'm a fan of the flavor of lavender!

And being an assistant beekeeper to my beekeeper hubby, I'm always on the lookout for new recipes in which to use our honey harvest.  So how could I resist trying out the lavender and honey combination of this balsamic vinaigrette?  I couldn't.



I also did a little experiment within my lavender experiment.  I wanted to see just what the dried lavender 'brought to the party,' so to speak, in this dressing ... how much flavor it imparted, etc.  So I decided to make the exact same dressing ~ minus the lavender ~ to see. 

Well, let me just say ... the lavender brings a lot  to this dressing party!  In comparing the two, I actually wasn't a fan of the lavender-less version after tasting the lavender-infused one.  (But you all know me, I'll keep working with the lavender-less version to tweak the ingredient proportions ... 'cause I think a honey-balsamic vinaigrette dressing would be wonderful).

Served with a very simple salad, the lavender in this dressing really shines through! 

Have you experimented with cooking with lavender?  I'd love to hear your favorites.

Thank you for stopping by The Kitchen is My Playground. We'd love to have you back soon!



lavender honey balsamic vinaigrette dressing recipe, lavender vinaigrette dressing recipe, honey vinaigrette dressing recipe, balsamic vinaigrette dressing recipe
Salads
American
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Author:
Print
Lavender & Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette

Lavender & Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette

Lavender and honey give a flavorful twist on traditional balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing.
Prep time: 35 MCook time: Total time: 35 M

Ingredients:

  • 6 T. extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 T. balsamic vinegar
  • 2 T. honey
  • 1 T. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 1 tsp. coarse grain mustard
  • 1 tsp. dried lavender flowers

Instructions:

  1. Whisk all ingredients together. 
  2. Let stand for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
  3. Whisk again and serve. 
  4. Store in a container with a tight lid in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Created using The Recipes Generator


12 comments

  1. This looks really exciting to try. I love trying out new vinaigrette mixes. The last attempt with lavender was scones (there was more blueberry than lavender) but it turned out pretty good. I'd love to try this soonest...
    Anyhoo, we have been keeping an eye out for unique and interesting bloggers with phenomenal photography skills, and yours caught our attention! We have just recently launched a food photo submission gallery http://www.yumgoggle.com/gallery/ that allows you to showcase all your great work and share it with all of our visitors. We’d be proud to have your work as part of our growing collection to continue to have a larger reach and further inspire all fellow food lovers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully simple vinaigrette! I love this recipe... actually, I love everything that comes out of your kitchen! This is a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
    I have linked a pizza I did with leftover roast chicken. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very inviting. I've never had a vinaigrette with Lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds so good. I am constantly looking for ways to use my lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, your beautiful photography and description make me want to drop everything and make this! I am making pizza (your crust) for dinner, so I think I will whip up this dressing. I actually DO have some lavender from Fresh Market in my spices...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMMM I can almost smell it! Thanks for linking up at Pin It Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea - I've done lavender honey, lavender-honey lemonade, but never dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. UPDATE: this is even BETTER after a few days! Could drink it! Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad I found your blog. I was planning on making brie with a topping of blueberry, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon, and sugar. After reading this recipe, I have decided to omit the cinnamon, and infuse the balsamic vinegar with lavender, and use honey from my sister's hive instead of sugar. I'm excited and a bit nervous as I've never cooked with lavender before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could you use sunflower oil in place of olive oil? I love the taste of sunflower oil, but it can be a little overpowering sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!! Lavender Essential Oil

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments ~ I read and appreciate each and every one. When you choose to leave a comment, we collect and display your name, as provided by you. Clicking "publish" to submit your comment indicates your explicit consent for name collection. If you click the "notify me" checkbox {which is optional}, your e-mail is also collected. Clicking the "notify me" checkbox indicates your explicit consent for e-mail collection. Thank you so much for visiting The Kitchen is My Playground!

Blog Design: Tracimichele.com. Powered by Blogger.