Lavender Lemonade

July 17, 2012
Lavender Lemonade ... you'll fall in love with its beautiful and calming shade of pink, and its fragrant floral flavor of lavender.
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER

Pitcher of Lavender Lemonade Image

I am absolutely enamoured with this lavender lemonade.

Looking at that delicate pink hue, it's beautiful isn't it? 

It's such a calming and comforting shade of pink. -- Kind of  like the inside of a polished seashell.  You know, those big ones you hold up to your ear and you're supposed to hear the ocean.

You'll fall in love with Lavender Lemonade's beautiful and calming shade of pink, and its fragrant floral flavor.

On a recent mountain cabin get-away girls' weekend with one of my friends, we went poking around some shops in a little mountain town.  I stumbled across a section in the back corner of one of these shops dedicated to lavender products from Mountain Farm, a lavender (and blueberry and dairy goat) farm in the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina.

Since many of the products had to do with cooking, I of course "got stuck" in this corner for quite some time. -- Reading each and every product label, my mind swirling with ideas.

Glass of Lavender Lemonade Image

I had never cooked with lavender. -- And I was intrigued.

I swear I could have bought every product in that section of the store.  Settling on just three, I think I showed pretty good restraint on my part, if I do say so myself.

One of my selections was this A Taste of Lavender cookbook from Mountain Farm, with a little packet of dried lavender in the back.

A Taste of Lavender Cookbook Image

As soon as I got home I gave Mountain Farm's lavender lemonade recipe a try.

And oh my, I love it.

Lemonade infused with the florally fragrant taste of lavender is fabulous.  But the taste's not too much lavender, so it's overpowering.  It was just right to me.

Over ice, a tall glass of lavender lemonade is a perfectly refreshing drink on a hot summer day.  Yup, I'll be making lavender lemonade again ... for sure.

Top View of Pitcher of Lavender Lemonade Image
Thank you for stopping by The Kitchen is My Playground. We'd love to have you back soon!

lavender lemonade recipe, how to make lavender lemonade, how to make lemonade with lavender, homemade lemonade
Beverages
American
Yield: 2 quarts

Lavender Lemonade

Lavender Lemonade

You'll fall in love with its beautiful and calming shade of pink, and its fragrant floral flavor of lavender.
Prep time: 20 MCook time: 5 MTotal time: 25 M

Ingredients:

  • 4 sprigs fresh lavender (flowers & stems) or about 1 T. dried lavender flowers
  • 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 1 c. fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
  • 1/4 c. fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
  • 2 quarts water

Instructions:

  1. Bring water and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. When sugar is dissolved, remove from heat.
  2. Add lavender, lemon juice, and lime juice. Cool to room temperature, strain, and chill.
  3. Serve over ice garnished with lemon slices and lavender sprigs.
Created using The Recipes Generator

You might also like these other refreshing beverage recipes:







Lavender Lemonade ~ You'll fall in love with Lavender Lemonade's beautiful shade of pink, and its fragrant floral flavor of lavender. A fabulously delicious summer sipper!  #lavender #lavenderlemonade #lavenderrecipe  www.thekitchenismyplayground.com

17 comments

  1. Tracey--- my mouth is WATERING! I have some lemonade in the fridge and I am SOOOOO gonna add a few sprigs to it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some lavender infused vodka for my sister and we discovered how delicious it is in lemonade. So if you're lookin' for a little kick..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insanely delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavender lemonade is a very Provencal thing to do! I like the addition of the lime juice. Looking forward to trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! That sounds so refreshing and so tasty too. I will have to try this when Summer arrives Down Under. I might even try Mindy's idea of adding a little kick of lavender vodka to the mix!

    Best wishes and thanks for sharing your recipe!

    PS If you feel like linking up to another party, my say G'day Saturday party has just started and I would be honoured if you could link up this great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This lavender lemonade looks really good. It reminds me of raspberry lemonade, which is one of my favorites. I've never thought of using lavender for drinks like this before (except for lavender tea and tincture). I really don't know how people come up with these ideas, but I'm excited to try it. I wonder what health benefits this drink has?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been want to try using lavender in a recipe...and this is just the way to do it! I got some fresh lavender in the veggie box and it needs to be used! Love the soft pink of the lemonade...very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to do a post on Monday of summer drinks. I hope you don't mind if I include it and tweet about it a little next week. I'll pin it now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracey,
    What a lovely presentation for your Lavender Lemonade, I just love lavender. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. A friend of mine owns a lavender farm and makes lavender lemonade. It is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, this looks super refreshing and yummy! I love your photography, too!! :)
    Thank you so much for sharing {nifty thrifty sunday} last week! You will be featured at this week's party!
    xo! Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yumm! I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted you to know that I will promoting your lemonade this week as part of my post on summer drinks. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made this with limes from our tree. Was soooo delicious and I can't wait to try it with lemons next time! Such a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds delish and looks so pretty! Thanks for sharing at SAturday Dishes, pinned to my Sat. Dishes board. ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments ~ I read and appreciate each and every one. When you choose to leave a comment, we collect and display your name, as provided by you. Clicking "publish" to submit your comment indicates your explicit consent for name collection. If you click the "notify me" checkbox {which is optional}, your e-mail is also collected. Clicking the "notify me" checkbox indicates your explicit consent for e-mail collection. Thank you so much for visiting The Kitchen is My Playground!

Blog Design: Tracimichele.com. Powered by Blogger.