Grand Marnier & Spiced Rum Fruit Dip

June 19, 2011
Light, fluffy, and super delicious Grand Marnier & Spiced Rum Fruit Dip is one of my go-to recipes for entertaining.

Grand Marnier & Spiced Rum Fruit Dip


This is one of my all-time absolute favorite recipes for entertaining.  No joke.

Try this.

And I'm not usually even a fruit dip fan.  But this is not your ordinary fruit dip.  It's light, fluffy, and oh-so-flavorful.

I've had this recipe for so long that, at this point, I have no idea where I got it.  I just know it's fabulous.  Mom decided to "borrow" it for her wine tasting party, and this was one of the menu items I was responsible for during our preparation.  On most of the dishes, I played the role of sous-chef - but on this one I got to take the lead!

This wonderfully flavorful fluffiness starts with sour cream (isn't that the base of almost all dips??), Cool Whip, and a pretty good helping of brown sugar.  Sounding good already, isn't it?  Ohhhh, trust me ... it gets much better.


Then we add the friends - Grand Marnier, dark spiced rum, and Triple Sec.  All I have to say is ... yum.


Mix that all together and then let it chill for a few hours.  The brown sugar will really soften up and kind of melt into the dip.  Give it a really good stir when you get it out of the refrig, and then serve it up with a selection of assorted fruits.  Divine!



Remember how I told you my Mom is really creative?  Well, here's another one of her amazing creations.  Check out these hors d' oeuvre picks my Mom made.  They're perfect for placing alongside a fruit platter.  A little fancier than toothpicks, don't ya think?  And she's so sweet she even made me a set.

Thank you for stopping by The Kitchen is My Playground. We'd love to have you back soon!


fruit dip with Grand Marnier, fruit dip with spiced rum, fruit dip with liquor, grand marnier spiced rum fruit dip recipe, easy fruit dip recipe
Dips
American
Yield: about 1 & 1/2 cups
Author:
Print
Grand Marnier & Spiced Rum Fruit Dip

Grand Marnier & Spiced Rum Fruit Dip

Light, fluffy, and super delicious Grand Marnier & Spiced Rum Fruit Dip is one of my go-to recipes for entertaining.
Prep time: 10 MCook time: Total time: 10 M

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1 c. Cool Whip
  • 4 T. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 T. Grand Marnier
  • 1 T. dark spiced rum
  • 1 T. Triple Sec

Instructions:

  1. Combine sour cream, Cool Whip, and brown sugar. Stir together until well mixed. 
  2. Add liquors and whisk.
  3. Refrigerate for several hours. Stir well before serving. 
  4. Serve with an assortment of berries and fruit.
TRACEY'S NOTES:
  1. If the liquors "settle out" while the dip is refrigerated, don't worry - just whisk or stir them back in at serving time.
  2. We love this dip best with bananas. Sometimes we spoon the leftovers over sliced bananas and eat it as a dessert -- tasty.
Created using The Recipes Generator

The {Party Series} Posts:
My Mom Throws a Great Party! {Party Series 1}
Grand Marnier & Spiced Rum Fruit Dip {Party Series 2}
Antipasto Platter with Grape Tomato & Caper Salad {Party Series 3}
Marinated Cheese {Party Series 4}
Mini Mocha-Toffee Crunch Cheesecakes {Party Series 5}
Raspberry Chocolate Truffles & Drunken Cherries {Party Series 6}
Raspberry-Almond, Caramel-Walnut, & Lemon-Coconut Bars {Party Series 7}
Toasted Pesto Rounds {Party Series 8}

6 comments

  1. How yummy! That recipe does look a lot like the one I posted, but your version sounds more grown up. I am curious to try it. Thanks for sharing it.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds absolutely delicious! I love making fruit dips and am always looking for something new and different. This fits the bill! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You were in the top 6 for last week's Themed Baker's Sunday! Come back this next week for the new theme: STRAWBERRIES! And don't forget to enter yourself to win a free Brownie Pop Mold!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/06/themed-bakers-sunday-11.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I just found your blog looking for a dip recipe. I am your new fan!
    Question?? How did you mom make those picks?? They are adorable!

    http://thirtyfiveninetyfive.blogspot.com
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Carrie! So glad to have you here. Those picks are adorable, aren't they? My Mom is so clever. They are made with turkey pins ... they're curved at the top, and are used to truss a turkey. Mom cut the curved part of the top with wire cutters, and then used some type of special glue to glue the beads on. If you want more details, let me know and I'll get more info from my Mom. They make such beautiful cocktail picks.

      Delete
  5. Tracey, I also found your blog by searching for appetizers and love your whole series! Yes, please, can you share what type of glue your mom used, and especially how the top bead stays in place? Thanks so much! I am taking this fruit dip and fruit platter to a bridal shower that I am attending this coming weekend and I will be sure to give you and your mom credit!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments ~ I read and appreciate each and every one. When you choose to leave a comment, we collect and display your name, as provided by you. Clicking "publish" to submit your comment indicates your explicit consent for name collection. If you click the "notify me" checkbox {which is optional}, your e-mail is also collected. Clicking the "notify me" checkbox indicates your explicit consent for e-mail collection. Thank you so much for visiting The Kitchen is My Playground!

Blog Design: Tracimichele.com. Powered by Blogger.