Individual Veggie Quiche Cups To-Go

February 15, 2024
Individual Veggie Quiche Cups To-Go -- Low carb, low calorie individual quiche cups for breakfast (or lunch) on the go! Flavorful, easy to make, and freezer-friendly too, these quiche cups make for a perfectly delicious make-ahead breakfast choice.

Individual Veggie Quiche Cup in Foil Wrapper Image
It's easy to get stuck in the same breakfast routine, eating the same thing over and over, day after day after day. (Please tell me I'm not the only one.) And for me, the breakfast rut is further complicated by the fact that I try to eat low-carb for breakfast. Carbs and I just aren't good friends in the morning.

Well, guess what? Individual Veggie Quiche Cups To-Go are just the perfect low-carb breakfast treat to mix up that old breakfast routine! And what's even better is these little babies can be made ahead and popped in the freezer, just waiting to be taken out and reheated as you're ready for them. -- Such a wonderful added bonus.

Made with just 6 ingredients, Veggie Quiche Cups come together pretty quickly and easily. Simply chop a few vegetables, whisk and stir together the handful of ingredients, scoop into muffin tins, and bake. -- That's all these little breakfast beauties take.

With a flavorful mix of spinach, onion, mushrooms, and red bell pepper, Veggie Quiche Cups taste great. And their ease-of-travel make them a perfect grab-and-go option for breakfast, or for packing in that lunchbox, too. Whip up a batch (or two!), and you'll have a tasty ready-made breakfast on hand to grab for those busy mornings.

Flavorful, easy to make, & freezer-friendly too, these quiche cups make for a perfectly delicious make-ahead breakfast choice.

Individual Veggie Quiche Cups Ingredients:

It doesn't take a ton of ingredients to make these flavorful Veggie Quiche Cups. To whip up a batch, you'll need:

  • Eggs - The main ingredient of the quiche cups. Egg substitute may be used instead.

  • Frozen chopped spinach - The main veggie element of these vegetable-based cups. Be sure the frozen spinach is thawed and very well-drained to avoid introducing too much moisture into the quiche cups. Fresh spinach can be substituted. -- Saute fresh spinach in a small amount of butter or olive oil for a few minutes to pre-cook and wilt it down before adding it to the quiche's egg mixture. 

  • Red bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion - The finely diced veggie mixture that brings fabulous flavor to quiche cups. Omit or change up the veggies to suit your personal taste.

  • Shredded cheddar cheese - Adds richness and cheesiness to the quiche cups. Shred your own cheddar from a block, rather than using packaged pre-shredded, for the best texture and flavor result.

Individual Veggie Quiche Cups Ingredients in Mixing Bowl Image

How to Make Individual Veggie Quiche Cups To-Go:

Individual Veggie Quiche Cups come together really quickly and easily. -- A little chopping, some whisking and stirring, and a few minutes in the oven is all these little breakfast beauties take.

To get a batch going, start by finely chopping some fresh mushrooms, red bell pepper, and onions. Then whisk these veggies with some thawed and drained frozen spinach, eggs (or egg substitute), and shredded cheddar cheese.

Individual Veggie Quiche Cups Mixture in Mixing Bowl Image

Then scoop the veggie-egg mixture into foil-lined muffin cups. The foil cup liners help prevent the veggie quiche cups from sticking to the pan.

Scooping Individual Veggie Quiche Cups Mixture into Muffin Tin Cups Image

Pop the pan in the oven and bake up the quiche cups until they're set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Individual Veggie Quiche Cups Baked in Muffin Pan Image

Pretty easy, right? And now you've got Individual Veggie Quiche Cups To-Go -- ready for now, or awaiting you for later. 

Serve the quiche cups immediately, or store them in the refrigerator until you're ready to enjoy them. When ready to enjoy, remove the foil liners and reheat the quiche cups in the microwave for a few seconds.

Now, a brief word about the foil muffin cup liners -- I highly recommend using them when making Individual Veggie Quiche Cups. See the photo below to check out what happens when they're not used. -- A stuck-to-the-pan-mess, not a good plan.

Individual Veggie Quiche Cups Sticking in Bottom of Pan Image

But when baked in their little foil liners? -- Veggie Quiche Cups are all ready to go, for a tasty little breakfast or lunch on the go.


Top View of Individual Veggie Quiche Cups Baked in Muffin Pan Image
Thank you for stopping by The Kitchen is My Playground. We'd love to have you back soon!
egg muffin cups, mini quiche recipe, quiche cups recipe, vegetable quiche recipe
Breakfast Dishes
Yield: 12 quiche cups
Individual Veggie Quiche Cups To-Go

Individual Veggie Quiche Cups To-Go

Low carb, low calorie individual veggie quiche cups for breakfast (or lunch) on the go!
Prep time: 25 MinCook time: 25 MinTotal time: 50 Min

Ingredients

  • 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
  • 7 eggs or 1 3/4 c. egg substitute
  • 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 c. finely diced red bell pepper
  • 1/4 c. finely diced mushrooms
  • 1/4 c. finely diced onion

Instructions

  1. Line 12 muffin cups with foil baking cups; spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  3. Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups. Bake at 350℉ for 20-25 minutes, until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
  4. Serve immediately, or store refrigerated. Remove from foil liners and reheat in the microwave for a few seconds when you're ready to enjoy them.
TRACEY'S NOTES:
  1. Individual Veggie Quiche Cups also freeze very well. Freeze in an airtight container or zip-top baggie after fully baking and cooling the quiche cups.
  2. When you're ready to enjoy frozen quiche cups, thaw, remove from the foil liners, and reheat for a few seconds in the microwave.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kitchenplaygrnd on instagram and hashtag it #thekitchenismyplaygroundblog


This post is linked with Weekend Potluck.

30 comments

  1. What a great idea...They would be great with a bowl of salad or a picnic or for packed lunches....mmmm I will defenately try these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea!!! I make this with cottage cheese and have taken it as appetizers for a party! In fact once I bought my friend a baking dish as a gift and baked her this as an appetizer for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful idea. We love quiche at our house. I am going to have to try this.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! Mornings are a total rut when it comes to food here too. Cereal, pancakes, maybe french toast. I find I have more time to cook and bake at night, so something like this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making these this morning for brunch with a friend. Can't wait! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that is 1) delicious looking 2) beautifully photographed and 3) actually linked back to the blog party. You're one of the few recipe bloggers who joins my party and actually follows guidelines. :) Thank you!! You earned yourself another feature. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much Amanda! I appreciate the feature, and appreciate you stopping by The Kitchen is My Playround!

      Delete
  7. Hi Tracey: I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, a new GFC friend. would love if you stop by and be mine, too. Hey these look fantastic..... I'm pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a great idea! Love having something healthy that is portable:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, thank you, I am trying to incorporate veggies into breakfast and I love the do ahead and freeze. Perfect for grabbing on the go, thanks so much!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I'll be making these and enjoying them all week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yum! I love making mini quiches...but mine always get stuck somewhat! Why did I never think of the foil cup liners? Well, that is now remedied after reading this and this recipe will be tried as well! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this! I will have to try these one day. I like making little grab & go breakfasts! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays! I will be featuring this on my blog this weekend! I hope you will stop by and check out the features post! :)

    Julie
    www.thisgalcooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to follow the South Beach Diet back in 2006, and these were one of my favorite recipes! Thanks for reminding me to make them again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do paper cupcake liners work as well as the foil ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kim! No, the paper cupcake liners don't work as well. The quiche tends to stick to the paper ... I recommend going with the foil ones. Enjoy!

      Delete
  15. I just made these! They are delicious and exactly what I was looking for. I only had fresh spinach, so I chopped up the spinach in a food processor first. There seemed like there was SO much spinach and they turned out bright green, and looked the same throughout. But they tasted SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am betting you could use silicone muffin cups as well for those who want the easy clean-up without constantly buying/tossing foil...definitely on my list of things to make ahead for easy meals when the baby arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the silicone pans and they do not stick at all.I don't even spray them.

      Delete
    2. I am trying parchment paper cups in the oven right now. Will let you know how they work.

      Delete
  17. I tried these from another site and used non-stick muffin pan with oil spray...they did not stick at all, but came out very easily like little muffins. Although I think the foil liner would be more useful for on-the-go option.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to try making these for a potluck brunch. Any tips or warnings for reheating in the oven versus the microwave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried reheating them in the oven yet, but here's what I would do ... Leave them in the foil liners, place them {with a little space between them} on a baking sheet, and warm in a 350 degree oven. I don't think they would take too long. I would probably take them out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before I popped them in the oven so they'd start coming up to room temperature. Enjoy!

      Delete
  19. How do you wrap/store them for freezing? I tried a similar recipe without foil liners and wasted food.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What could I sub for egg?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments ~ I read and appreciate each and every one. When you choose to leave a comment, we collect and display your name, as provided by you. Clicking "publish" to submit your comment indicates your explicit consent for name collection. If you click the "notify me" checkbox {which is optional}, your e-mail is also collected. Clicking the "notify me" checkbox indicates your explicit consent for e-mail collection. Thank you so much for visiting The Kitchen is My Playground!

Blog Design: Tracimichele.com. Powered by Blogger.